Click on any of the images below to be taken to retailer’s website to shop the product!
First thing first ladies, I am not a make up guru. A small dab of foundation and a layer of mascara and I am usually out the door for work. If it’s the weekend and I am going out with the girls or headed to dinner with Pat, I try to add a little more to my routine! Lately, however, I have been having this incredible itch to explore more and try more products. I thought I would share my everyday make up routine with you. The image above you can directly click on each image to be taken to shop the product or shop the post below in my reward style LIKEtoKNOWit links or continue reading through my step by step routine!
1. After washing my face, I moisturize my skin with Clinque’s “Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion”. I love that this product takes away redness in my skin!
2. I squirt a dime size of Mac’s “Studio Waterweight Foundation” into the palm of my hand and mix it with a teeny bit of Clinque Dramatically Different Moisturizer. I use my fingers to apply to my face. The moisturizer helps with blending the liquid foundation all over my face; I don’t like a heavy coverage, if you do, I would not mix the lotion back into the palm of your hand with the foundation.
3. I use Urban Decay’s “Naked Skin Weightless Concealer” next, applying three little dots underneath both of my eyes. I blend in a circular motion until fully blended and smoothed.
4. I use Benefit Cosmetic’s “Hoola bronzer” to define my face a little more. This is applied to my cheekbones, the top of my forehead (near the hairline) and under my jawline blending into my neck. This bronzer comes with a little brush that I absolutely love.
5. If I decide to wear some eyeshadow, I will next use Urban Decay’s “Brightening and Amp Primer”. You literally put the tiniest dot of it on each eyelid and rub in, covering your whole eye. This is used to keep the eyeshadow on all day and all night. I loveeee it!
6. If I am applying eyeshadow, there is no question, I’ll be applying Urban Decay’s Naked Palette. I have always heard of great things about the Naked Palettes and when #3 came out, there was such a big buzz over it, I knew I had to try it! It’s a very natural and light/airy palette which is what I like. I immediately bought it! I am super pleased with it because it is very natural and perfect for everyday wear!
7. I will then apply Benefit Cosmetic’s “Watt’s Up” highlighter to the corner of my eyes, top of my nose, down the center of my nose, a small amount at the center of my forehead, and a little on the center of my chin to highlight. I know lately, everyone is obsessed with contouring & highlighting, this product is amazing to quickly apply and smooth in with a foundation brush and be done with it!
8. E.l.f products are amazing. Next I fill in my brows with their simple Eyebrow kit. It is only THREE DOLLARS ($3!!!) and goes on so smoothly. It comes with a tiny brush, you dip it in the gel and then apply to your brow. Then flip the brush and swipe in the powder side and apply to your brow to hold the gel in place. However much you apply will determine how dramatic your brows will look!
9. Lastly, I apply the mascara. I have tried many, but one of my favorite is from any drugstore! It’s L’oreal Paris “Voluminous Superstar Mascara” and cost only $9! It has the white side you apply first to thicken and lengthen your eyelashes and then you apply the other side of black.
I know this might seem a lot, but it takes me around ten minutes to do my make up in total. I have found a good routine with products I love! Let me know if you love any of these or have any recommendations for me! Just leave me a comment below!
I hope your having a good day!
Xx, Carolina B